Conventions and Presentation: Editing and Framing
Editorial Correctness/Eye Appeal
- Edited, polished
- Show conventional awareness
- Conventions enhance meaning, voice
- No mental editing required
- Virtually ready to publish
- Complexity of text showcases writer's editorial skill
- Presentation eye-catching, helpful
- Look beyond spelling.
- Score conventions first.
- Look for what is done well.
- Do not overreact. - "Overall, how does the student control conventions to make meaning clear?"
- Do not consider neatness or handwriting in assigning a conventions scores.
- Think of yourself as a copy editor. - "How much work would I have to do to prepare this paper for publication?"
- Developmentally appropriate
- Coordinated throughout the grade lesvels
- Dependent on piece and format of writing