The purpose of this blog is to provide a space to share teaching ideas that deal with writing - K to 12.
Recently, I have been working in schools, implementing the Calkins' Units of Study that are aligned with the CCSS. This program and the rubrics that accompany it are often used as a framework to meet proficiency guidelines.
I will continue to post articles that support these processes.
Please join in.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Announcing: Webinar Series on Literacy and Technology
We are delighted to announce a series of 4 webinars, taking place in April and May. The focus of each session will be the link between literacy (thinking) strategies and the learning opportunities technology can provide to develop these strategies.
Following is a list of the topics, presenters, dates, and times of the webinars. We sincerely hope you will join us. - Courtesy of Title ll.
Please note Lynn Oulette, Jake Bogar, and Hattie Deraps will all be addressing writing:)
1. Topic: Technology Integration in a First Grade Classroom
This webinar will provide an overview of a first grade classroom
including the following topics:
- What the students think of technology.
- How to get started: podcasts, skyping, teacher tube
videos (curriculum based)
- Learning the toolbar and "lingo" often used
- Claymation - Science Unit on Plants
- I-movies - Social Studies, Science, and Literacy