Saturday, September 13, 2014

Another updage from the Harrisons. Enjoy!


In the introduction of A Writer's Notebook: Unlocking the Writer Within You, Ralph Fletcher establishes a fun metaphor about writer's notebooks being like a ditch he remembers from his childhood.  
I like to have my students create and illustrate original metaphors all throughout September; their metaphors have to be about their plans for how they will be using their own writer's notebooks.
I've decided I want to try hosting our first contest for other teachers at the website; my hope is that it'll become an annual thing.  Since I am now calling September "International Writer's Notebook Month," I am looking for original student metaphors--illustrated--and placed near the front of a new writer's notebook as an inspiration.  The metaphors have to be about writer's notebooks.
I'm celebrating the newly revised Writer's Notebook Resource Page at my website by announcing this contest today, which can be found on that page: http://corbettharrison.com/writers_notebooks.html#september  There are some samples from my kids from last year posted.
If the rules don't make sense, please feel free to contact me: corbett@corbettharrison.com  
I'm excited and hope this goes well.  I want to eventually have more opportunities like this at our website.
--Corbett & Dena Harrison
Visit Writing Lesson of the Month Network at: http://writinglesson.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network
Bookmark and Share

No comments: